Feb 14, 2021
XMLGameEngine is an engine for describing games built around Xerces, exprtk, and SFML.
XMLGameEngine stores a complete description of a game in an XML. The XML file is loaded and parsed by Xerces. Any variables, expressions, or function calls in the XML data is evaluated by exprtk. The resulting values and objects are used to render the game with SFML.
Things that work:
- Loading, validating, and parsing XML
- Expression and function evaluation
- Creation of variables, objects, and states
- Key handling for objects and states
- Some drawing functions: shape.circle(), shape.rectangle()
- Basic text rendering: text()
- Some collision: screen boundaries, circle-rectangle
Things still missing:
- Collisions of all types
- Scoring system
- Win Condition